Thursday, November 4, 2010

DRY WINTER HAIR

I was talking with my best friend in New York yesterday and she was complaining about how dry her hair is with the winter weather kicking in.

The sun damages our hair during the summer season and now the hair drys out and becomes brittle and dull in the winter. Here is the simplest, most effective way to do an at home treatment that will bring moisture back to your hair and make it soft and full of body.

Cure for Dry/Brittle/Dull Hair: 

Take about 1/2 cup (more or less depending on your hair length) of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

(I prefer using Greek Olive Oil as it is made from kalamata olives which can nourish, condition, and improve the strength of the hair)

Place on ends first and then work it up into the roots  (the ends tend to be more damaged)

**For long hair I suggest placing your hair into two side braids. For shorter hair, you can place in a low back bun or wrap hair in saran wrap**

Leave this on your hair for a minimum of one hour. You can actually leave this on overnight for a DEEP moisturizing treatment.

To remove. . . shampoo hair and leave shampoo in for about two minutes to help work out the oils. Then condition and style as normal.

You will notice a difference! Let me know if you love it as much as I do. I just did mine and my hair feels AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

-Shannon Irene

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous tips, Shannon! Welcome to blog land!!!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liesl. . .Let me know if there is any topic you'd like to hear about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try that! I also love using coconut oil as well!

    ReplyDelete